Quotes

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun rises: not only because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.--C.S. Lewis

Thursday, June 21, 2012

What is the difference?

Aris Nichols of Chester, SC, stabbed his girlfriend back in April of this year.  Wednesday, he was arrested and charged with "death or injury to a child in utero due to commission of a violent crime".  You see, Brittany Jordan, the girlfriend,  was several months pregnant at the time of the stabbing and the unborn child, who the papers identified as "a son named Tavaris", did not survive the attack.

Now is it just me, or does anyone else see the incoherence in this?  If Brittany had gone to her doctor and had him perform an abortion,  no one would outside of the immediate family would have even noticed and Tavaris would have been just as dead.

Tavaris was either a human being or he was not.  If he wasn't, then Mr. Nichols should not be charged in his death.    If he was, then police are right to charge Mr. Nichols, but how can they charge him and let abortionists go free?   Someone will reply, "but Gray, abortion is legal".  That is what has me stumped.  How can our legal system continue to function with such convoluted logic?  I feel like I'm living in Alice's Wonderland, where down is up and up is down.

No comments:

Post a Comment