Quotes

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun rises: not only because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.--C.S. Lewis

Monday, January 3, 2011

The Peaceful Religion

   Faleh Hassan Almaleki moved his family from Iraq to Phoenix, AZ, in the mid 1990's.  As his daughter, Noor Almaleki, grew up in America, she developed a longing to live a normal life as an American.  At 17, she refused to enter into an arranged marriage in Iraq which infuriated her father.  At 19, she moved into her own apartment and began work in a fast food place, but had to quit due to harassment from her parents.
      In 2009, she moved into the home of her boyfriends parents due to physical abuse from her father, who continually harassed her and the parents.  On October 20, 2009, Noor was visiting a Department of Economic Security Office with Amal Khalaf, the mother of her boyfriend.  When departing the office, both women were run over by Faleh Almaleki in a hit and run.  Amal recovered, but Noor subsequently died of her injuries.
      Her crime?  Becoming too Westernized in the eyes of her father.
      This was no "Islamic radical", this was a follower of the tenets of mainstream Islam who is rightfully on trial for murder.   In an Islamic country, nothing would have come of his actions.
       Peaceful religion?   How many Christian parents kill their children for refusing to accept Christ?

No comments:

Post a Comment